About this Blog
Published by Naked Ryan - 23rd Mar 2014
Welcome to the Naked Blog!
This blog exists to tell all the incredible stories of Angels and the hundreds of winemakers they support.
You’ll hear about:
- incredible stories from the winemakers
- get a peek behind the scenes at Naked HQ
- learn about the wine world from industry insiders
My name is Ryan O’Connell, and I do a lot of the posting. I was an independent winemaker in the south of France and around 2009, Naked Angels rescued my family’s business through crowd-funding. Read more about my mission here.
Christy Bors will share some stories, too. As part of the brand & creative squad at Naked HQ, Christy spends her days chatting with our winemakers and capturing their unique wine stories – so you’ll see some special contributions from her every now and again.
What is nakedwines.com?
This is a customer-funded winery. We’ve got over 115,000 American wine drinkers who found a smarter way to enjoy high-end fine wine made by hardworking independent winemakers.
How it works:
- Customers set aside $40 a month to spend on our exclusive wines — we call them Angel investors.
- The money builds up in their accounts until they order wine. We call it a wine savings account. It’s their money – and they use it to order what they want whenever they want.
- While the money sits in their account, we invest in independent winemakers around the world.
- The winemakers think it’s brilliant because they get funding AND they know exactly who is going to buy their wine – their Angel investors.
This direct relationship between wine drinker and winemaker cuts out a lot of wasted costs like sales, marketing and financing. So the winemakers get to offer savings of up to 60% off some stunning world-class wines. And they’re all exclusive to the Angels who make them happen! Pretty smart, right?
We have loads of fun along the way
The traditional wine industry takes itself way too seriously. We believe that all you need is a glass and some good friends to enjoy wine – no pretension required. So grab a glass of wine, kick back and enjoy reading!
Press questions? You got it. There’s a mailbox for that – email@example.com