The best recipe you’ve never tried: Sauvignon Scallops
Published by Naked Ryan - 30th Apr 2019
Top off a cool summer night with these melt-in-your-mouth scallops, made insanely addictive thanks to a sear in Sauvignon Blanc butter sauce (for added savory crunch).
We used David Marchesi’s North Coast white – but any dry aromatic wine will plump up the flavor in this perfectly simple dish.
There’s no shame in licking the plate… we definitely did.
- 3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp. unsalted butter
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh sea scallops (approx. 16)
- 2 c. David Marchesi North Coast Sauvignon Blanc (or other dry white wine)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. parsley, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- Rinse scallops with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat butter and oil in a heavy skillet over high heat; once the fat begins to smoke, add scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear each side for 1 minute, or until each side has a golden crust.
- Add ½ c. of white wine, lower heat to medium. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops; in the same pan, introduce remaining wine, lemon juice and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce by half.
- Introduce parsley, and season with pepper.
- Place scallops on a serving dish and smother with sauce.
- Serve with a side of fresh pasta drizzled with olive oil, if desired
If you love David’s thirst-quenching Sauvignon Blanc, check out our full list of cool and crisp whites