What does it mean to be biodynamic, biodiverse, organically farmed, and sustainable? For these producers – the world.
From installing beehives to raising weed-eating chickens and fighting packaging frills in Napa Valley, Naked’s indie winemakers are turning a new leaf in the world of eco-friendly wine.
In turn, they’re setting the bar high for generations of winemakers to come.
“It’s not a case of trying to farm like the middle ages,” Tuscan winemaker Stefano di Blasi says, “but 400 years ago, we had much more balance in our agriculture, and modern farming practices have simply taken that balance away.”
Through careful, meticulous, and loving practices that restore health to their earth, meet the farmers and producers who make the world’s great wines – and the world a better place.
Meet Naked’s Earth-first winemakers
- LangeTwins: The sustainable frontierIn a pioneering eco region, a 5th generation Lange and her family push the boundaries of what sustainability means.
- Daniel Baron: It’s all in the packaging detailsOne of Napa’s most celebrated winemakers uncovers the disturbing truth behind wine’s most unnecessary frills – like capsules.
- Stefano di Blasi: Honoring ancient traditionsAn Italian winemaker is winding back time – when wine production emissions were non-existent.
- Ben Darnault: A love affair with slow agricultureHe’s seen the South of France come alive through biodynamic farming. For Ben, it’s all about restoring nature’s balance.
- Nicholas & Marshall Miller: Paso’s Organic FutureHow a sibling set of 5th-generation Paso Robles farmers are primed to make wine with a conscience.
- Randy & Cheryl Phillips: Keeping a bird’s eye viewA beloved farming couple have made the top wines in Paso Robles for more than three decades – by putting nature first.
- Franck Massard: A regenerative missionAngels – and the ancient Amazon – inspired one winemaker to make a historic sustainable vineyard in Spain.
- Chris Condos: California’s organic pioneerConvincing farmers to grow organically was incredibly hard in the early days – but Chris has spent 20 years inspiring the world to change.
Join Naked in support of
Earth Day & World Environment Day
World Environment Day 2022 calls for collective, transformative action on a global scale to celebrate, protect and restore our planet. #OnlyOneEarth
Read more Naked News:
- Naked wins fourth consecutive Best Wine Club Award
- Pop Quiz: Who Chooses Naked’s Inaugural Wine of the Year?
- 10 Wines To Feel Good About
- 10 Wines You Need To Build The Perfect Library
- Cellar Talk with Montse Reece
- Our diversity promise
- Dear winemaker: How do I pick out a wine glass?
- Serving and storing your wines – the ultimate guide
- Top 10 indie winemakers you need to know
- Indie Rosés win world titles – and more top awards!
- The winemaker dethroning Willamette Pinot
- Behind the wine with Scott Peterson
- The world-class Cab Franc you helped rescue
- Napa shouldn’t give up on the 99%
- Me & Monsieur Jones: A winemaker love story